Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hiking the Grand Canyon with Dad – Happy Father's Day #fathers

This is my first Father's Day without my father. One of my favorite ways to remember him is hiking. We hiked a lot together in the last decade, whenever my husband and I visited my parents in Arizona. Dad also took my brother and me on our first trip down the Grand Canyon! Later my husband and I went with my father and his hiking group, hiking rim to rim. Last year, Mom, my brother, my husband and I returned to the Grand Canyon and scattered Dad's ashes. Most of these pictures are from the first Canyon hike my brother and I did with Dad.

 Ready to start the hike!

 My brother and father on the trail.

 Dad leading the way.

Dad and me taking a break.

 We made it to the bottom! 
This is near Phantom Ranch where we stayed two nights.

We're wearing different clothes, so this must be on the hike back up.

 And we made it back up again!

The view from near where we scattered Dad's ashes last autumn.*

[You can get permission to scatter ashes, with certain rules and restrictions.]

Kris lives in New Mexico, where she enjoys hiking, rock climbing, and watching the sunset from her patio. Her home office looks out on nature, complete with distracting wildlife such as roadrunners and foxes. Her BFA in photography is used mainly to show Facebook friends how lovely the Southwest is.

Kris Bock writes novels of suspense and romance with outdoor adventures and Southwestern landscapes. The Mad Monk’s Treasure follows the hunt for a long-lost treasure in the New Mexico desert. Whispers in the Dark features archaeology and intrigue among ancient Southwest ruins. What We Found is a mystery with strong romantic elements about a young woman who finds a murder victim in the woods. In Counterfeits, stolen Rembrandt paintings bring danger to a small New Mexico town. 


Read excerpts at www.krisbock.com or visit her Amazon page. Sign up for the Kris Bock newsletter for announcements of new books, sales, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment